Monday, January 25, 2010

My First Pattern...


For Christmas, my very talented and crafty mother gave me my very first sewing machine. Let me just say that it is AWESOME. I am still learning the basics and only sewed some bean bags for Norah and a few cloth wipes but I LOVE IT! I made a promise to focus on one project at a time (a promise that I have already broken)! I found this pattern at www.sewbaby.com and ordered it after a verbal OK from my mom. The description states "easy pattern for beginners...SOLD!

I received my pattern in the mail today. I need to sit down and really read it before I completely get overwhelmed. It looks simple enough (no buttons or zippers) but I will still need a weekend with my mom to get it done! I am off to Wal-Mart tomorrow for some fabric...I hope to have a picture of at least some progress soon...

1 Comments:

Blogger THobbs said...

Girl...you are better than I!! Please tell me how you get your head on straight long enough to even contemplate sewing!?! I dream of one day being able to do that. I'm proud of you...let me know how it goes!!I know you'll be fabulous at it. I will put my order in soon. :)

January 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home